I didn’t think I could pull it off. I truly did not think I could however with the help of friends, I did!
I worked all summer to buy a surprise plane ticket! I had many mishaps but eventually I made it home and surprised both my mom and my dad!
My brother got me from the airport and went upstairs to get my mom up. We couldn’t just wake her up and say ‘Kim’s home!’ So J went upstairs and said “Hey, I’m home. You have to get up, somebody must have mistaken your truck for mine. Somebody messed it up.”
My mom came outside all ready to be upset and unhappy (AKA pissed) with J’s friends and I was just standing there on the porch.
Needless to say she was surprised! My dad was also surprised when I called him at work. He asked me where I was calling from and I said home. After asking that question a few times He asked “My home?” “Yes, your home.”
Both of them were very excited and happy to have me home regardless of the rather short notice!
I made my mom go to JoAnn’s on Black Friday! My godmother tagged along.
Here are some of my spoils!
I’d say it was a successful couple of days!
Today on Thanksgiving I am thankful for 12 things! (There are more than 12, but I am going to list 12!)
- I am thankful that I had multiple jobs this summer that have allowed me to live a less stressful life this semester!
- I am thankful to have met so many great health care professionals through working.
- I am thankful to be in a 4 year nursing program.
- I am thankful to be doing well in said nursing program.
- I am more than thankful to be 1.5 years away from graduating!
- I am thankful that I have been blessed with such supportive family near my school.
- I am thankful to be able to spend time with my youngest cousins, they always make me smile.
- I am thankful to have made friends who care about me for just being me!
- I am thankful to have found a profession I love.
- I am thankful that I have a wonderful best friend in California and some in Indiana that have helped me plan a big surprise!
- I am thankful that I have a wonderful little brother (who is really not so little) who has helped me plan this surprise!
- I am most especially thankful that I was able to pull off the biggest surprise of my life! I was able to surprise both of my parents and come HOME for Thanksgiving.
I hope that this Thanksgiving finds you all well and comfortable at home! This was a premeditated post therefore the next post I put up will have pictures from my time at home. I’m eager to tell the story of leaving for home and coming back to school!
Today I woke up bright and early to go for a 5k with my Aunt Suzie and cousin Walker.
It was very fun! I started out really strong, I think I ran about a mile without stopping with some help from Cee-Lo and Jay-Z/Linkin Park. In the end however, my very sneaky Aunt and cousin caught up with me… SEVERAL TIMES! Overall it was a great way to start my morning!
They don’t have the times up yet however, I did fairly well with minimal training! I crossed 2 miles at the 26:00 mark, so I did much better than when I was training! I can’t wait to do the Jingle Bell Run! I’ll update this post with the time I finished when the results are up.
In other news, my mom sent me a nice little Turkey Day wall hanging to replace the Halloween one she sent me a few weeks ago!
I hope you all have a wonderful, family filled, relaxing Thanksgiving day!
I will post the pictures from SPACE tour tomorrow!
Thanks for reading, I’m going to go shower now! :P