That’s right… For those who don’t know, a half marathon is 13.1 miles and guess who ran one!
I made it in 3:25:00 which is not bad for my first half and minimal training PP Gives me a good start for training though!
Here are 5 things that I learned about running such great distances!
- PLAYLISTS ARE EVERYTHING!
- Do not each much before running
- Drink the little cups of water they give you at EVERY stop because it will be another mile until you see those watergivers again!
- Read the funny signs and laugh at them
- Just keep pushing through it. You will finish and feel like you will die, but you will finish!
My aunt also ran the half marathon however she finished much quicker than I did!
Today I woke up bright and early to go for a 5k with my Aunt Suzie and cousin Walker.
It was very fun! I started out really strong, I think I ran about a mile without stopping with some help from Cee-Lo and Jay-Z/Linkin Park. In the end however, my very sneaky Aunt and cousin caught up with me… SEVERAL TIMES! Overall it was a great way to start my morning!
They don’t have the times up yet however, I did fairly well with minimal training! I crossed 2 miles at the 26:00 mark, so I did much better than when I was training! I can’t wait to do the Jingle Bell Run! I’ll update this post with the time I finished when the results are up.
In other news, my mom sent me a nice little Turkey Day wall hanging to replace the Halloween one she sent me a few weeks ago!
I hope you all have a wonderful, family filled, relaxing Thanksgiving day!
I will post the pictures from SPACE tour tomorrow!
Thanks for reading, I’m going to go shower now!