As I venture into finals week (along with many other college students) I find myself making more and more of a cave in the library. I spend long hours amongst research journals studying my own materials wherever I can find a spot. I have become rather feral in my attempts to secure a table for the day. I become even more predatory when there is a line at the cheapo coffee vending machine on the second floor.
How do I stay sane while managing the storm that is finals and the jungle that is the library?
What do I listen to in order to focus on staying strong and studying for finals?
- Woman Up by Charlene Kaye (go listen to this song ASAP! It’s very uplifting!)
- Suit and Tie by Justin Timberlake feat. Jay-Z
- Hey Mama by Matt Kearney
- Rochester by Matt Kearney
- Grade 8 by Ed Sheeran
- U.N.I. by Ed Sheeran
- Madness by Muse
- Starlight by Muse
I’ve been working on a piece of nonfiction about my dating experiences. It probably isn’t the most exciting story or tragic story in the world but it is certainly awkward and I enjoy writing it. I am utilizing my study breaks productively by writing!
In recent weeks I’ve had a whole bunch of things hit the fan, none of them pleasant smelling. I’ve been struggling to keep my head above water and keep my sanity close by.
In other words, I have not made progress on the Woodland Sampler and I probably won’t pick it up again until sometime in mid-May.
As I venture into finals wish me luck and send up a little prayer for me if you can!
Recently a friend of mine was diagnosed with Lymphoma. He is now undergoing chemotherapy so I whipped up this hat for him to wear because he is shaving his head very soon. I warn you, the hat itself has a cuss word on it, because the message is very heartfelt and it’s from me.
Lymphoma colors happen to be lime green and grey! It jut so happens that lime green is one of his favorite colors! I’m hoping to have a picture of him wearing the hat very soon although I don’t think I’ll post that up here, confidentiality and all that jazz
I think this hate turned out AWESOME for my first beanie ever! I used a pattern off of Ravelry called Fuck Cancer in case you want to knit an awesome beanie like this!
I am currently working on a second hat. This one is for his best friend. It’s going to be in the same colors except reversed so it will be mainly grey with a lime green band!
Today on Thanksgiving I am thankful for 12 things! (There are more than 12, but I am going to list 12!)
- I am thankful that I had multiple jobs this summer that have allowed me to live a less stressful life this semester!
- I am thankful to have met so many great health care professionals through working.
- I am thankful to be in a 4 year nursing program.
- I am thankful to be doing well in said nursing program.
- I am more than thankful to be 1.5 years away from graduating!
- I am thankful that I have been blessed with such supportive family near my school.
- I am thankful to be able to spend time with my youngest cousins, they always make me smile.
- I am thankful to have made friends who care about me for just being me!
- I am thankful to have found a profession I love.
- I am thankful that I have a wonderful best friend in California and some in Indiana that have helped me plan a big surprise!
- I am thankful that I have a wonderful little brother (who is really not so little) who has helped me plan this surprise!
- I am most especially thankful that I was able to pull off the biggest surprise of my life! I was able to surprise both of my parents and come HOME for Thanksgiving.
I hope that this Thanksgiving finds you all well and comfortable at home! This was a premeditated post therefore the next post I put up will have pictures from my time at home. I’m eager to tell the story of leaving for home and coming back to school!
That’s right… For those who don’t know, a half marathon is 13.1 miles and guess who ran one!
I made it in 3:25:00 which is not bad for my first half and minimal training PP Gives me a good start for training though!
Here are 5 things that I learned about running such great distances!
- PLAYLISTS ARE EVERYTHING!
- Do not each much before running
- Drink the little cups of water they give you at EVERY stop because it will be another mile until you see those watergivers again!
- Read the funny signs and laugh at them
- Just keep pushing through it. You will finish and feel like you will die, but you will finish!
My aunt also ran the half marathon however she finished much quicker than I did!